Who We Are
A Network of Hope
Together, we can do more.
This belief is at the core of who we are. Child Advocacy Centers (CACs) were born from this vision:
Everyone involved in child maltreatment investigations could do more to help the child if they worked together. We do this by offering the following services:
- forensic interviews
- sane/sart medical exams
- crisis counseling
- trauma-informed counseling
- parent support
- court preparation and support
- darkness to light: stewards of children training
- personal safety and awareness program
Born from a vision.
One Place. One Child. One Time.
- Reduces the number of interviews a child victim must endure, which reduces the trauma to the child.
- Creates a comfortable, child-friendly environment for the investigation as opposed to the environment typically experienced in a hospital emergency room or police station.
- Greatly reduces the time victims and their families spend assisting with the investigation because all services are provided at one location – what once took weeks can often be achieved in hours.
- Reduces police and Child Protective Services investigative time.
- Enables quicker prosecutions through more efficient case processing.
- Increases communication between agencies for an improved understanding of their roles and case need.